Ouch! That Stereotype Hurts Online Learning Experience
What do you do if someone you care about is the target of demeaning stereotypes?
What if you are being demeaned or stereotyped?
How often do you speak up on behalf of respect?
Ouch! eLearning | Overview
Ouch! That Stereotype Hurts Online Learning Experience …
… is a 30-minute individual, self-paced, guided eLearning program. Based on the ground-breaking Ouch! That Stereotype Hurts video, this powerful program enables learners to explore communication skills for promoting inclusion and respect in the workplace.
What does Ouch! do?
In a unique and powerful way, viewers will experience the impact of stereotypical comments, explore why people don’t speak up against stereotypes and other biased behaviors, and learn six techniques for speaking up without blame or guilt.
Why is Ouch! important?
Staying silent in the face of demeaning comments, stereotypes or bias allows these attitudes and behaviors to thrive. This undermines our ability to create an inclusive workplace where all employees are welcomed, treated with respect and able to do their best work. Yet, most employees and leaders who want to speak up don’t know how. So, we say nothing.
Ouch! That Stereotype Hurts eLearning Objectives
- Experience the impact of stereotypes and biased statements, even when causally said.
- Identify the most common reasons people sit silent in the face of bias and stereotypes.
- Enhance skills for speaking up against stereotypes and demeaning comments without blame or shame.
Ouch! Online eLearning Experience Includes …
- Online host who guides you through the learning
- Interactive activities
- 12-minute Ouch! Video
- 5-minute video-based Speaking Up Activity [skills reinforcement]
- Check-Out Quiz
- Downloadable optional Participant Workbook [PDF]
- Learning Administrator’s Guide
508c version available for individuals with disabilities
“The simple act of naming a bias as such or objecting to it on the spot establishes a social atmosphere that discourages it: saying nothing serves to condone it.”
– Daniel Goleman, Emotional Intelligence
Six Ways to Speak Up on Behalf of Respect
Ready to purchase? Head straight to our Ouch! That Stereotype Hurts store here …
Would you like to see our 10-minute Ouch! eLearning preview?
Just fill out the form below for a peek at our Ouch! That Stereotype Hurts Online Learning Experience.
If you would like to preview the full 30-minute course, please contact Leslie Aguilar HERE.